Thinkfinity courses for Colorado teachers were developed in partnership with the Colorado Department of Education, the Colorado Legacy Foundation and a grant from Verizon® Thinkfinity.
Thinkfinity: The Best Free Online Resources
- eNetColorado offers a 3-week Thinkfinity Online course for all Colorado teachers (on-site workshops are available on request)
- Online courses (and on-site workshops) include an overview of Thinkfinity and hands-on search and exploration on topics that teachers identify as needing support within their curriculum and to enhance student learning.
- The 3-week online course provides an overview of Thinkfinity.org, instruction on locating Thinkfinity’s online educational resources, and assistance developing a plan to integrate them effectively into instructional activities to support student learning.
Participants are encouraged to discuss various strategies for implementing Thinkfinity resources into their classrooms, schools, and school districts. After completion of this online course, educators will have developed their own original Thinkfinity Integration Plan and be empowered to use Thinkfinity resources in their classroom to enhance student learning. (Two graduate credits from Adams State or 30 CDE credits will be awarded upon successful completion of the course. Courses start the first of each month.)
eNetColorado is also offering a “train-the-trainer” option, so districts and regions can support local staff development needs.
COST: The following courses have a $50 registration fee. Participants will be awarded 30 CDE hours upon successful completion of each course and have the option of registering for 2 graduate credits from Adams State College for an additional $110.
3-Week Online Course Offerings
- Thinkfinity Online for Colorado Educators -This 3-week online course provides an overview of Thinkfinity.org and instruction on locating Thinkfinity’s online educational resources and integrating them effectively into instructional activities to support student learning. This is an excellent course for those looking for high quality, standards-based resources to integrate into their curriculum. This course is also an excellent choice for those who have not taken an online course before – great introduction to online professional development!
- Thinkfinity Online for Colorado Thinkfinity Master Trainers -This 3-week online course is intended for any Colorado educator who is interested in training others in their district/school to locate and integrate Thinkfinity resources. Specific audiences may include technology integration specialists, staff developers, teacher leaders, media specialists, and pre-service faculty and students…potentially anyone who is interested in training opportunities in Colorado. Pre-requisites: Thinkfinity Online for Colorado Teachers.
- Thinkfinity & Social Networking for Educators –This 3-week online course will help you efficiently and effectively use the new Thinkfinity learning platform from any computer at school or at home. We all know educators don’t have a lot of time, so now you can save your favorite resources, network with education experts, and collaborate on documents with colleagues. There are over 64,000 community members, 500+ special interest groups to join, and over 10,000 free resources plus you can set up your own group for extending your students learning beyond the classroom. Looking forward to showing you around.
- Thinkfinity & 21st Century Learning + DREAM –This 3-week online course will gently take you into 21st Century teaching and introduce you to 21st Century Learning. Yes, our students are there and as teachers we need to be ready for them. In addition, this course contains a brief look at the DREAM site for Colorado teachers. So many resources in one place and all yours.
Individuals may register for the month and course they want to take at: http://www.enetcolorado.org/register-for-courses/
Group registrations from districts are available.